Saturday, September 4, 2010

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones." -Helena Rubinstein



Unbeknownst to the entire country now- thanks to MTV,  San Francisco has always been known as "The City", not New York.  So, whenever I use the term "The City", you can always have faith that I am only referring to my beautiful oasis of crisp cool air and fog - San Francisco.  I've decided to start up this blog after being inspired by the blog of Shayne Lamas of all people.  Her blog is truly all about femininity and fashion.  Mine will be about opinions, rants, fashion, food - whatever happens to jump into my head that day.  Hey, I have been Yelping for the past 4 years...time to up the ante!  Her blog refreshed my memory on what it's like being a beautiful woman, and I'd like to write about such things more often to keep this wonderful feeling of luxury flowing through my veins.

That being said, I'd like to note that up here in The City, we've always been lacking a bit in the high-fashion arena.  Don't get me wrong, there are definitely exceptions to every rule (Carolyn Chandler and Jennifer Newsom, I'm talking to you).  However, there simply just aren't enough fashion-forward women (and men) up here in the cold, especially when compared to our stepsister city - LA.  The only areas L.A. has The City beat is in good weather and the abundance of fashionable people.  We rule in every other way, period.  However, I'd be lying if I said that those weren't two huge factors in life, especially fashion.

So, partially as a result of the huge lack in Louboutin in The City, I have always taken a personal mission out on myself to maintain fashion and femininity, even when running to Peets at 10am (because I rarely wake up before that hour).  Don't get me wrong, I too have been guilty of falling victim to last night's 4th tequila shot and ran out quickly without makeup on.  However, on this day, August 23, 2010, I am taking a vow to never participate in that kind of behavior again.  I have realized lately that no matter what, (well, unless someone died or street cleaning is coming and you have forgotten to move your car AGAIN) there is always time to swipe some foundation on, and leggings instantly spiff up any outfit where you'd consider wearing sweats.  And yes, Juicy velour counts as sweats, my darlings.

I want to take this time to personally thank every other woman in San Francisco who puts as much (if not more) time and effort as I do into their daily look.  The other day (right after walking out of Peet's at 10am, I might add) a 30-something gentleman on the street told me I looked "beautiful today, and I'd just like to thank you for taking the time and effort to look as great as you do".  That one statement really just solidified the fact that I'll be wearing platforms and perfume for the rest of my life.
See you on the streets, ladies.
xo,
Viva

No comments:

Post a Comment