Saturday, September 25, 2010

15 Tips



A friend of mine referred me to this article about old school rules for women.  I posted my favorite one above....the position and expression on the woman's face is hysterical!  Yes, please ladies...do not do that.  Here is the link:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/15-tips-for-single-dames

There's a few of them that I disagree with, but for the most part I'd say they're still pretty relevant.

"Don't be careless" states that you should never talk while dancing.  On this one, I'd advise to feel it out-depending on the dynamic you have with your guy.  Talking while dancing can be awkward yes, but it can also be sexy as well.

"Don't be familiar" with the headwaiter by talking about how much fun you've had with someone else at another time...another thing I'd say to regulate on a case by case basis.  The aim here would be an attempt to not make him feel left out, questioning your behavior or jealous.  However, I think with the right level of appropriateness, it is definitely OK to chat with other people about events or stories in which your man may have not been a part of, but make sure to include him in on the conversation and tell him all about it after the other person has stepped away.

I have to agree with "Don't be sentimental" - i.e. crying- especially in public. I think we've all been guilty of this at one point or another, myself included.  It can be tough dealing with your emotions sometimes, but it is true- men do not do well with tears and it will just make you feel worse when they do not react the way you want them to because they are confused and/or not used to dealing with a crying woman.  Of course however, we can't completely control our emotions.

"Don't be conspicuous" states not to flirt with other men.  This is another on-point one...it is not going to end well here.  It will only create drama, and there is no such thing as "good drama".  Besides, it is only a matter of time before a guy hits on you in front of him without you doing anything.  You never want to be the one initiating jealousy.

And of course, the last one, passing out in public...well, you all know my opinions on that already. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment