Friday, March 4, 2011

Someone Had to Say It



I had to reserve a special post for Madonna's ensemble at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar afterparty.


This look never works.  Never. When Britney Spears did it a while back, it looked just as batshit crazy as it does on Madonna now, in addition to making otherwise normal sized thighs look like mannish, sasquatch thunder thighs.  Ladies, save this look for Halloween only.  The fake looking fur, lace + fishnets horror show and bodysuit are so beyond any word that is coming to mind....I can't.  I actually get angry and offended looking at this.  


In addition, I'd like to add:  the show "Fashion Police" on E! is one of my favorite and most respected programs-I don't really make a point to catch any other shows on Television besides this one.  I tune in every week to watch Fashion Police, and that's saying a lot.  I find the banter to be hilarious and the fashion opinions and critiques spot on.  However, during the Fashion Police Oscar special, I was severely disappointed and angered by the Madonna ass kissing going on - all four of them (Joan Rivers, Kelly Osbourne, Juliana Rancic and George Kotsiopoulos) approved of this disaster because "It's Madonna, so it works".  NO, it doesn't! What the hell is wrong with them?? I'd even argue that her being Madonna specifically is what makes this so bad! She looks great for her age, but this is the epitome of crazy cat lady gone prostitute to afford her cat food.  Ladies and gentleman of Fashion Police I expect MORE from y ou.  Keep this up and I'll be tuning out!


I apologize for being harsh.  Had to get that off of my chest.  Her daughter looks adorable, however.




xo,
Viva



4 comments:

  1. I don't see anything wrong with that. maybe you're just a snob, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I agree 100%!!! With your post of course not Anonymous here... And yes, The Fashion Police were a total let down on this one. She should have been on Starlet or Streetwalker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in that case Anonymous, I wish this outfit upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be a selfish cunt. I wouldn't be cought dead in this outfit, I think it's appropriate for Madge.

    ReplyDelete